- For authentication, you must either use the
sessionTokenthat was created for delegated application access, or both the
Message Update is currently released with Controlled Availability because of the following limitations:
- This feature is not yet supported on Mobile, where updates are displayed as new messages instead of replacing the existing one.
- The flag
Silent=false, that can be used to make an update be displayed as an unread message, is not fully supported yet.
Both limits will be lifted in a future release.
Permissions and guidelines
- Wall posts cannot be updated.
- It is not possible to update messages sent by other users (except when using OBO with the proper permissions)
- There is no time limit to update old messages, however we discourage updating very old messages as this won't provide a good user experience.
- There is no limit of how many times a message can be updated, but we discourage updating it more than a 1000 times.
- When used as a OBO endpoint, the end user must have the
canUpdateMessageentitlement enabled, and the App must have the